A fully upgraded fortress will have the following enhancements:
- higher silver and copper capacity (200.000 pieces each)
- better exchange rates for silver and copper (silver 1:45; copper 1:3)
- shorter distance to the market from the keep (20 fields)
- higher capacity for wood, stone and ore (80.000 each)
- better exchange rates for wood, stone and ore (1:1 for each)
- shorter distance to the market (1 field)
- better base defence of the fortress wall (8.000)
- higher defence bonus (130% for each unit type)
- more available subjects (40.000)
- new offensive bonus in the barracks (+20% for each unit type)
- better resource production for wood, stone and ore (through the building levels; +45% for each resource type)
- even better resource production for wood, stone and ore (through research; +13% for each resource type)
- higher movement speed for your units (research; +5% for each unit type)
- the unit recruitment in a fully upgraded fortress is as fast as the combined speed of 5 regular castles put together.
- a fortress is able to produce significantly more offensive or defensive power per hour in conjunction with its numerous offensive and defensive bonuses
But beware: The fortress is not as powerful as the individual castles were just after it has been created. It must be upgraded in order to achieve its true potential.
Attention: All active banners will be taken down when the castles are merged into a fortress.